Studying in Australia requires the organisation of many important tasks. From choosing where to study, applications, accommodation, flights…there’s so much to do! But the most important task is getting a student visa.

There are several visas that will allow international young adults to study and work in Australia. Here are some options:

  • Student Visa – Subclass 500
  • Temporary Graduate Visa – Subclass 485
  • Skilled Independent Visa – Subclass 189
  • Skilled Regional Visa – Subclass 489

Each visa has different requirements, costs, lengths of stay, and parameters for study and/or work. Let’s look at some basics for study, work, duration and cost. Click on the links to find out more information, including requirements and eligibility.

Student Visa – Subclass 500

Study in an eligible course, work up to 20 hours per week once your study course begins, stay for up to 5 years, cost is $575AUD.

Temporary Graduate Visa – Subclass 485

Study, travel or work, students must find their own work, stay up to 18 months, cost is $1535AUD

Skilled Independent Visa – Subclass 189

This is a points-tested stream that lets workers with needed skills in Australia live, work and study permanently anywhere in Australia. Cost is $3755AUD

Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa – Subclass 489

A temporary visa with three different pathways to be able to apply for the Skilled Region (Permanent) Visa – Subclass 887. Allows you to stay up to 4 years. The costs and eligibility differ by pathway, ranging from $335AUD and $3755AUD. 

Make sure you check with the Department of Home Affairs for further information on an Australian Visa that suits your needs and eligibility.

And of course…if you want safe, affordable accommodation while you’re here we are standing by to help. BOOK ACCOMMODATION